Let's see...

$ cat /etc/security/msec/level.local
from mseclib import *
enable_log_strange_packets(0)

Is this how you disabled the martian log? It made me crazy for some time after installing shorewall in MDK9.1....

I'd be insterested in what you found.

raffaele

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Okay, just general information. Has anyone else on the list recently started noticing a lot of martian source packets being logged from the kernel? If so, I can probably help you to track down what is causing the entries and also help you remove them.

I just spent the better half of a day doing just that and since I haven't seen anyone else talk about it, didn't know if it was just me so I thought I would mention it.