On Wednesday 03 March 2004 09:37 am, Mike Fehse wrote:

> Are you refering to log entries in your Intrudsion
> Detection System (IDS) from your internet/intranet
> connection?

No, kernel logging of martian source packets which are packets that are
expected to come from a particular route but are somehow seen or directed to
an alternate one.  In my case, packets bound for loopback device that somehow
get directed to eth0 and are thus seen as foreign or "martian."

> If so, then a better place to post this
> information may be the firewall mailing list.  None
> the less, I would be interested, as I am a member on
> the IPCops.net forums for the IPCop firewall, and any
> insights or help is much apreaciated.

Are you seeing martian source headers being logged in syslog on your system?
--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer