On Friday 05 March 2004 09:52 am, Thinker wrote:
> On Mar 5, 2004, at 4:07 AM, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > If you cannot wait a few weeks then use urpmi to bring your system up
> > to the
> > current Cooker, and you will have 10.0
>
> So.. you are saying that I can reinstall with the 10.0rc1 disks I made
> a few weeks ago and go to the cooker and update that to what is the
> 10.0 release now? I would really like to know how to do that. I know
> you are going to point me to the uprmi web site, but I have not had
> much luck hitting the correct server or the correct number of servers
> to make the update process run smoothly. Any additional guidance on
> servers and what to and what not to check would be appreciated.
I have found the European mirrors to be much more reliable.  Most of us have
through trial and error found a mirror that works well for us and have just
made sure we keep using the same one.  If you are somewhat resourceful, there
are some clues within the distro itself as to the best mirror to use.

http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/CookerHowTo
--
/g