On March 17, 2004 04:01 am, Tim wrote:
> The last time I checked, the silver membership was $120 USD per year.

> Ramin wrote:
>   <pre wrap="">  I wonder if you meant to buy the boxed versions while you
> were a club member? So you really wanted to help Mandrake, right? Otherwise
> you could just go either way but not both? SO i don&acute;t understand the
> point of the complaint when it was your decision to support Mandrake.
>    I also decided to support Mandrake so i became a club member but did not
> want to over-support them by buying the boxed versions!
>   Overall being a club member has advantages over buying the boxed version
> in particular if you have broad band internet connection. This way you can
> better keep your system up-to-date in particular nowadays that very often a
> newer version of some application appears! Besides with a yearly silver
> membership, you almost gain  three consecutive versions of Mandrake for $60
> which is just a bit more than the price of the powerpack version. If you
> buy two powerpack boxes each year , you will pay about $110 each year! So
> being a club member is very economical.
>
>     Regards, Ramin

Sorry, my typo mistake! You are right: $120/year. When i  purchased my silver
membership for one year, i calculated that i have 9.2 available right now,
and before my membership expires, i can have two more versions of Mandrake.
That makes it 3 versions of Mandrake for $120. Though now i am not that
willing to update to 10, as i have spent some time and have downloaded a lot
of packages and i will have to do things from first if i decide to install
10! Besides i am not quite sure all packages that i want, are available now
for 10.
   But a better advantage of club membership to buying  a box, is perhaps
constant access to up-to-date ready-made packages through club download
sites. Even if one wants to compile an application from the source, as i did
recently with Gimp 2.0pre4, i could easily find all necessary libraries to
compile Gimp on my machine without any error.

Regards, Ramin