On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:10:43 +0000
John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> but maybe,
> ncftp>
> means it's looking for me to give it another url perhaps ?
> ncftp>
> http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=Scribus&submit=Sea$
> http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=Scribus&submit=Search+:

Not that way, at any rate. It's usage resembles regular command line
ftp, but it handles that chore much better and much more user-friendly
than regular ftp. But you can only go to one site at a time. What you're
trying to do there is to query, and for that you need an http client
like Mozilla, lynx, or what have you. But for the actual file transfer
you use ncftp. For instance

$ ncftp ftp.rpmfind.net

< messages and so forth>

ncftp> cd /pub/Linux/Mandrake/9.2
ncftp> get p0rn-1.3.0.i586.rpm

ncftp> quit

:)

In other words, you manipulate it pretty much like you would an ftp
session, but think of it as ftp on steroids :).

(Disclaimer, that p0rn rpm doesn't really exist.) ;)