On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 09:00:58 -0600
Tom Brinkman disseminated the following:

>     I see you're usin totem.  I use to, but after several hours
> the stream would just quit.  Same for several different streams,
> or very long playlists from HDD stored mp3's. I suspect totem's
> got a memory leak or somethin. Xmms doesn't do it. It'll play
> forever ;) Started Jackson Browne last night and it was still
> playin this mornin from HDD (no repeats ;)

Ya, Totem is a little flaky, but it seems to do okay for me with Streamtuner.
I'm searchin' like mad for a GTK2 media player to replace XMMS, but Beep has
been giving me problems. Compiling the latest verion now, we'll see.

Half the time if I go to start Totem to play an SVCD or DVD, it crashes, and did
anyone ever notice it doesn't have a 'stop' button?! What's up with that?

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046