JoeHill wrote:
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 09:00:58 -0600
Tom Brinkman disseminated the following:

I see you're usin totem. I use to, but after several hours the stream would just quit. Same for several different streams, or very long playlists from HDD stored mp3's. I suspect totem's got a memory leak or somethin. Xmms doesn't do it. It'll play forever ;) Started Jackson Browne last night and it was still playin this mornin from HDD (no repeats ;)

Ya, Totem is a little flaky, but it seems to do okay for me with Streamtuner.
I'm searchin' like mad for a GTK2 media player to replace XMMS, but Beep has
been giving me problems. Compiling the latest verion now, we'll see.

Half the time if I go to start Totem to play an SVCD or DVD, it crashes, and did
anyone ever notice it doesn't have a 'stop' button?! What's up with that?

I found it weird, but then found I never use it - it's a kind of hangover from cassette players. You can just hit pause and slide to where you want to be.

I use totem sometimes, but I'm still a big xine fan. Of course having said that, someone will chip in with how bad xine is and how wonderful mplayer is - they're like the vi and emacs of multimedia.

-- "Caesar non supra grammaticos." - Suetonius

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533