On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 14:00:49 -0500
JoeHill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ya, Totem is a little flaky, but it seems to do okay for me with
> Streamtuner. I'm searchin' like mad for a GTK2 media player to replace
> XMMS, but Beep has

totem is OK mostly for that. I've had difficulty playing VCDs, will have
to reinvestigate that one. But if you look at the cooker archives
there's lots of people who had difficulty with totem, and totem is
slated to be 'the' media player. It would be kinda nice to have just one
that worked well all the time.

How is zinf as a replacement for xmms? It's gtk2. I've got zinf
installed now, and am toying with the idea of replacing all links to mp3
files & get streamtuner and so forth to open zinf, and then maybe the
timing problem with streamripper that I described. zinf looks OK but it
really needs to catch on, especially in the plugin department if it's
going to replace xmms, which has a ton of stuff available. Like for
instance xmms-diskwriter, I use that a lot in preparation for CD
burning. It's pretty much the fastest and the only way I've discovered
especially to convert VBR mp3's to wav format.

I just started up zinf and it's finding music files for me ATM but even
though I asked only to search $HOME, it's looking over the entire drive
:(.