On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 15:15, Troy Thomas Hall wrote:
> Stephen Kuhn wrote:
>
> ><SNIP>
> >
> >idea to reboot after doing that (on the command line, type "reboot") -
> >then ya should be good to go from there.
> >
> ></SNIP>
> >
> Reboot is back?  WOW!!  I haven't seen reboot since MSDOS 3.1 ;-)

Being a "runlevel 3" person (I truly hate graphical logins and the lack
of control you have) you have:

* poweroff (turns off the computer - duh)
* reboot (obvious as hell)
* halt (well, here you want to know some switches)
...and the ever popular - PULL THE PLUG OUT DA WALL

...some things will never change.

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company