On Friday 19 March 2004 11:26 am, David Bachechi wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> Couple of questions.  Is urpmi the backend of Mandrake update,
> or a totally different thing?

     Yes, and rpm is what urpmi uses.  There won't be a
security/bugfix repository until after 10-OE is released. For now
it's cooker.

> If I use Mandrake update, does that pull from the same source
> as the cooker(specifically in mandrake 10CE)?  Or should I be
> using urpmi exclusively?

   I use urpmi on the CL. I don't know how to setup rpmdrake to do
it with a GUI, but I believe you can do it.  Just point it to
cooker mirrors.  Northern European are the best.

    Most all this info has been posted on newbie and expert
before, so check the archives.
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American