> Just remember that the windows user must have an account on your
> machine that uses exactly the same login name and password as on the
> XP box - and it's case-sensitive.
>
> If you also install lisa and lin-neighborhood you will easily be able
> to see the shares available, although you will have to specifically
> mount and umount.

ok i am having trouble.  i used drakwizard to setup samba.  i choose not
to allow users to share home directories.  there was a part about
read/write access permissions i did not understand.  basically i want
anyone who is on "WORKGROUP" to be able to browse the "universal" share
without login/pass auth on windows machine.  not sure if i need
something in the permission boxes to get this to work or not.  i have
restarted samba after every attempt to finish the wizard.  i've also
tried adding my windows username to permissions along with "Arthur
Rosene, root, @wheel, @users" still did not work.

would appreciate any help

thank you