On Monday 22 Mar 2004 16:30, Paul wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 18:10, John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> > > All you are likely to need are on the 3 ISOs, when installing just
> > > click on 'cancel' when it asks for number 4.
> > >
> > > BTW, I'd recommend you use version 9.2 for evaluation purposes, 10 is
> > > not yet considered stable enough for commercial distribution.
> > >
> > > Paul M.
> >
> > Thanks but what if you want to install some of the packages on CD4,
> > e.g., tripwire or superfreeswan?
>
> The easiest/preferred way to install software with mandrake is using
> urpmi.
>
> If you go to the easy urpmi site at http://urpmi.org/easyurpmi/index.php
> it'll give you the necessary commands. Then when you want to add
> software use the command (e.g.)
>
> urpmi tripwire
>
> this will also take care of dependencies.
>
> Paul M
Tripwire and Super-freeswan are in the 'main'  repository. If you user the
Easy urpmi site to choose a 'main' Cooker source you will be able to install
them using either the GUI or urpmi from the command line.
There is a guide to using urpmi on the Mandrake Twiki. Follow my sig.

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org