Dan Gordon wrote:

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:51:48 -0500
Dan Gordon wrote:

Maybe setterm -powersave off Thanks will let you know if this works

setterm -powersave off gave me this "cannot (un)set powersave mode" so i tried setterm -blank 0 and setterm -powerdown 0 no errors so i will see what happens.

Regards,
Dan Gordon

The choices in setterm seem to be,

[ -powersave [on | vsync | hsync | powerdown | off]   ]
which I took to mean,
powersave on with Verticle and horizontal syncronisation and powerdown off.
[ -powerdown [0-60] ]
this sets the time in minutes to elapse before powerdown
[ -blank [0-60] ]
I'm not sure what this does.

So from the above info it seems to me there is no powersave off option.
It's there by virtue of being a component of the energy saving CRT monitor.
So, while the parameters of the powersave and powerdown can be altered
in so much as the timescale is within limits, there is , in my judgement,
no option to switch powersave off. Correct me if I am wrong.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]