On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:44:28 +0000
John Richard Smith wrote:

> The choices in setterm seem to be,
>
> [ -powersave [on | vsync | hsync | powerdown | off]   ]
> which I took to mean,
> powersave on with Verticle and horizontal syncronisation and powerdown
> off.[ -powerdown [0-60] ]
> this sets the time in minutes to elapse before powerdown
> [ -blank [0-60] ]
> I'm not sure what this does.
>
> So from the above info it seems to me there is no powersave off
> option. It's there by virtue of being a component of the energy saving
> CRT monitor. So, while the parameters of the powersave and powerdown
> can be altered in so much as the timescale is within limits, there is
> , in my judgement, no option to switch powersave off. Correct me if I
> am wrong.

Seems to be the case, and -blank 0 or -powerdown 0 had no effect either.
I'm beginning to think it a issue with xscreensaver. I can set the time
to blank to 0, power down to 0 and such from there then deselect the
power saving opton but it still seems to work. If i set the time to the
max amount i think it is 1440 or something then deselect power saving it
takes that long to blank and power down. I'm going to install a newer
version and see if that does anything.

Regards,
Dan Gordon
--
Wed Mar 24 07:12:28 EST 2004
 07:12:28 up 1 day, 19:28,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.02