On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 17:36, The Other wrote:
> Does 'checkinstall' make actual RPMs?

Yes, it does indeed.

> because I was under the impression 'checkinstall' will make an RPM
> entry into Mandrake's Software Manager section so everything can be
> removed from the Uninstall Packages menus.  (I'm not entirely

You can uninstall the package using any of the rpm package managers
(including mdk's).

> I've never figured out if 'checkinstall' makes the actual RPM and
> there is a file somewhere on computer.

"Additionally, this script will leave a copy of the installed package in
the source directory (or in the storage directory you specify) so you
can install it wherever you want".
http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/docs/README

Archie.