On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 11:43:09 -0700
"David E. Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:08:29 -0800
> Aron Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > New keyboard time but first turn it upside down and give it a vigorus
> > shaking you won' believe the crap that's gonna fall out. I usually get
> > about a year out of a keyboard.( thank God they are cheap)
>
> I used to have limited keyboard life too but luckily this cheap keyboard
> (Micro) purchased at Central Computer has lasted three years. It's
> filthy. :) The one I had before didn't even last a week :(.

I used to go through keyboards faster than rolls of TP.  I'd always hated those
plastic covers (my mom calls them keyboard condoms) because I couldn't see the letters
through the plastic after a while.  After overspending my personal tech budget by 3
keyboards one month (do not let your best friends' children near your puter if they
have any type of cup!) I went and got one and forced myself to learn to type
correctly.  It was painful for a while but I looked down the other day and took
conscious notice that the actual printed letters on the keys had worn off most of them
(probably quite a while ago).  The Q, Z, and X were still quite readable but most
others were faint if not completely gone.  I thought to myself "Hey!  Either you've
got this thing down and you're doing quite well at it!  good job!..... OR... you spend
WAY TOO MUCH time at the computer!" heh.
I remember those old heavy keyboards when you could salvage them in the dishwasher...
not so with these new ones, unfortunately.  I had limited luck with one cheap no-name
one that I spilled a beer in by taking it all apart and washing it, letting it dry,
and putting it back together.. but the "e" key and a couple others didn't work.  Ever
tried typing in english without using an e?  :-)