Carroll Grigsby wrote:

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 09:53 pm, Glenn wrote:

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 17:28, Charlie wrote:

I've got you beat my friend. My IBM keyboard shows 22 July 1988. FInest
keyboards I have ever seen...

O.K. I admit defeat <g>

Glenn:
Wimp. You should have asked Charlie if it survived the beer immersion test. (I have verified that Logitech keyboards won't.)
-- cmg

I love the really old IBM keybourds, I have one here thats a 86 vinatage..
weights about 10 times a normal keyboard, has really big keys that have a fantastic feel
a nice solid tactile feel that is perfect for my sized hands.

Best keyboard I ever had, I priced a new one many years back, IBM wanted 250 dollars AU for one.
They were built using entirely different methods to the new keyboards.

Chances are it would have survived the beer immersion test because it didn't use the seperated plastic sheets with tracks method that all the new ones do.

--
rgds

Frank Hauptle (aka Franki)

For free scripts, online webmaster tools, HTML, XHTML, Perl & PHP tutorials and stuff, visit:
http://htmlfixit.com Free web developer resources.

Please sign our petition to encourage notebook manufacturers to offer video card upgrades just like desktops.
http://www.petitiononline.com/inspiron/petition.html