Stephen Kuhn wrote:
On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 22:54, Lee Wiggers wrote:

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:54:33 -0600
"Steve Turner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You are 100% right and that is where all the problems occurs in
getting it all setup and making changes after setup.

Bull crap

I set up 4 9.2 boxes on our office net with sylpheed and openoffice.
Konq as browser.  Last fall.

Not one complaint from anyone since the first day.  Showed them how
to mount the fileserver and walked away.

There was one complaint. From me. I don't like oo.

(Coulda been something to do with the double-barrel shotgun you had
layin' across yer lap whilst you were doing the installations and giving
instructions on mounting the server, though...)

(and OO - well, it's always OO-slow...but it does get the job done.)

It's noticably faster in 10.0 (and that's not just because it's a new version of OO, since I was using OO 1.1 under Mdk 9.2). I've grown to appreciate it more over the years, since its early days as Star Office, when SO still had that hideous "do everything under one roof" philosophy which made it take over your entire desktop. I still prefer LyX for my own writing, but I use OO a lot for grading and commenting on student papers - I have a bunch of macros and autotext set up for common operations, which is a big timesaver.

Sir Robin

--
"If the lion could speak, we would not understand it."
- Wittgenstein

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Universitesi