Owain Sutton wrote:

JoeHill wrote:

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:26:03 -0600
Steve Turner disseminated the following:

I use and see the advantage of Linux but it will never be a big player as it
is too difficult for a layman or typical computer user to use.

That would be me and I am doing just fine.

I may be massively missing the point, or shifted into another dimesion or something, but isn't this the NEWBIE list? Where the hell do you think Linux newbies come from? I'm trying my hardest to like Linux, but I've found nothing so far that was not easier on XP

Ya, viruses were much, much easier to get in XP. I still haven't figured out how to get one in Linux (I'm still a Newbie though, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it).