On Wednesday 21 April 2004 17:32, Derek Jennings wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 Apr 2004 13:55, Rick Kunath wrote:
> > On Wednesday 21 April 2004 08:28 am, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > > Me too. Have you tried (as root) : urpmi --auto-select ?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > Urpmi wanted to do an update, but I aborted it because I had no
> > idea as to what it wanted to install, package wise.
> >
> > I am still a bit leery about not knowing what is getting
> > updated after my inadvertent trip to Cooker a few weeks ago,
> > and the reinstall afterwards.
> >
> > I have a feeling that urpmi may be working, but not Mandrake
> > Update.
> >
> > Any idea as to how to force urpmi to display a list of it's
> > proposed updates? I did a lot of Googling, but couldn't seem to
> > discover anything.
> >
> > Rick
>
> urpmi --update --auto-select --auto
> installs without showing a list
>
> urpmi --update --auto-select
> shows you a list of proposed updates and asks for confirmation.
>
> Mandrake Software Install GUI has a filter on 'Update
> Availability' so you can browse the descriptions before deciding
> to install updates.
>
> Mandrake Update GUI similarly shows a list of updates
>
> mdkonline  will pull up mdkupdate when you select 'Install
> Updates', and will then show a list.
>
> How many more ways do you need?
>
> derek

Derek, I think the confusion stems from the re-arranged mirrors.
When launching Mandrake Update, nothing happens although there are
tons of upgrades to 10.0CE. A closer look reveils that the original
sources in Mandrake Update are out of date. Furthermore, when
browsing the updated mirrors, i.e. proxad, the are a multitude of
Mandrake trees. In the devel-branch, however, no "updates" are
anywhere to be found. But in the "official" tree, there is the
usual "updates" tree for all, recent versions.

My guess is, that for "official" the GUI Update works, but it
certainly doesn't in CE. Hence this long thread.

Your above mentioned CLI options do, luckily.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
* Sent from a 100 % Microsoft-free computer *
* running Linux kernel 2.6.4 on Mandrake 10.0 *