On Sunday 09 May 2004 08:55 am, Aron Smith wrote:
> > alias cpaudiocd='ripacd && normall && bacd &&
> > rm -f /home/tom/wav/*
> >

> > alias ripacd='cdparanoia -vB 1- /home/tom/wav/'
> > alias normall='normalize -m /home/tom/wav/*'
> > alias bacd='cdrecord -v -eject driveropts=burnfree speed=32
> > dev=1,0,0 -sao -pad -audio /home/tom/wav/*.wav'
> >
> >    Note: I've found express path to be better than ~/wav/,
> > when used in aliases.
> >    I've needed -sao to copy audio CD's that are close to the
> > 80 min limit. I reckon it defeats -pad... but what'a heck, it
> > works
>
> Tom we need you to write a how2 on this subject BTW got this
> one? Moose Turd Pie get it here
> http://www.utahphillips.org/utah.html

   I'll check it later, I'm hooked into the Cowboy Cultural
Society stream (again) just now. My cd's sound better than theirs
do tho, they've just got more'n me ;)

  How-to:  As I've already admonished Twiki Anne; It's a movin
target, varies with hardware, particularly now with the 2.4 vs.
2.6 kernels changes, and Mandrakes back'n forth moves in this
area.  I think order of usefulness is (least to best), hardware
web sites, twiki's, web searches, cooker (or lklm, app
associated) mailin list archives ..... hands on guru sittin next
to ya.

   'Sides, as my last quoted phrase suggests, I'm just treadin
water tryin to keep up with changes too.  Not all that hard for
me to change and amend, for newbies with GUI dependancy it's
got'a be a miserable mystery.  I don't always get it right
either. Charles and Tim are often there to help. As they are here
too, as are several others, the OP Greg Meyers included.

    Sometimes I reckon y'all would be better off just run'n cooker
and subscribin to those lists.   You wouldn't have to put up with
me ... near as much,   horses mouth alerts and advice there.
Probly the closest you can get to guru's and current advice ;>
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American