On Sunday 02 May 2004 11:14 am, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 22:57, David B. Williams wrote:
> > OK- Tried the install and that went off without any problems. When I
> > changed the  /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file to use the nvidia driver instead
> > of nv, the system booted to the command line. I check the config file and
> > it had been changed back to nv.
> > What I am trying to do is get the 3D stuff working so that I can use some
> > of the options on xscreensaver as well as a solitare game that I bought
> > (and had working under 9.1).
> > I have Mesa loaded and installed.
> > I guess that I don't have some config file set correctly, but am at a
> > loss as what to look for next.
> > DBW
>
> You need to get the latest Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia website and
> run the installer.  When you do it will tell you if it has an interface
> ready and available for the kernel.  If it doesn't, then it will tell
> you that as well, and at that point it will ask you about recompiling.
> Run thru the questions and you should have some new Nvidia drivers
> installed.
>
> After that you naturally need to follow the directions listed in
>
> /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_kernel-2.4.22.26mdk-5328
>
> Or whatever other /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_* directory was created.  These
> directions will tell you what you need to do to the XF86Config-4 file.
>
> If you get it working ok a report back telling about success would be
> nice.
>
> LX

Nothing ever works that easy for me.
Downloaded the 5336 run pkg.
Run it and get errors said that I needed to recompile
Made sure I had the Kernal sources loaded and tried the installer and then I
get an error from the installer that it can't determine the NVIDIA Kernal
level.
Now I am running 2.6.3-7 and the NVIDIA files are for 2.4
I expected to recompile for the 2.6 but it don't seem to get very far.
Where do I go from here?
DBW

--

 ( )_( )
 ( 0 0 )

Never argue with an idiot.

They drag you to their level and then beat you with experience.