Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 01:54, John Layt wrote:

On Mon, 03 May 2004 14:45, David B. Williams wrote:

Nothing ever works that easy for me.
Downloaded the 5336 run pkg.
Run it and get errors said that I needed to recompile
Made sure I had the Kernal sources loaded and tried the installer and then
I get an error from the installer that it can't determine the NVIDIA Kernal
level.
Now I am running 2.6.3-7 and the NVIDIA files are for 2.4
I expected to recompile for the 2.6 but it don't seem to get very far.
Where do I go from here?
DBW

You need to make sure you have the same kernel source rpm installed as the
kernel you are running when you try to install.  Due to a bug in the
installer, this should be the ONLY source rpm you have installed.  After
that, the installer should work (did for me).  Alternatively, if you're a
club member, there are RPM's available in the Club Commercial download
section, which also work for me.

John.

Are you running kernel 2.6?

LX

I managed to get it working on 2.6, but NOT when 2 sources were installed. (The installer gets confused then and goes for the 2.4, realises somethings gone wrong, and falls over.)

Alex