On Tuesday 14 Sep 2004 22:06, David Trethewey wrote:
> I think I have messed up my configuration somehow. I have a Nvidia
> Geforce2 integrated soundcard, using nvaudio drivers. I have no sound
> now, and KDE crashes on startup. I'm not really sure why it stopped
> working.

If your kdm login manager works and you see the Nvidia splash screen when X
starts then there is nothing wrong with your graphics drivers.

Try deleting your ~/.kde folder   to solve your KDE problem (you will lose all
your  KDE configuration) If that does not fix it delete any file in your home
starting with .ICE authority or .DCOPserver  (new ones will be created on
next login)

As for your sound. In the 2.6 kernel the driver file is modprobe.conf  not
modules.conf  which is the file for the 2.4 kernel.
You might like to refer to the suggested configuration for your sound card at
www.alsa-project.org

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net