If I go through start>multimedia>sound, xmms will load up and after entering the URL
for the stream, it buffers the looks like it's playing - it shows a stereo signal and
the address - but there's no sound and the timer stays at zero.

In addition, afterwards, it will not close not via the GUI or a right click and I have
to restart X.

At the CLI, it works like I expect it to - I'm using 10.0 with the Official updates.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Any guesses about what to try would be appreciated.