On May 7, 2004 04:57, John Layt wrote:
> Note on my system the ltmodem is actually at /dev/tts/LT0, /dev/modem is
> dynamically created when first referred to and made to point to this by the
> alias lines added to the modprobe.conf file.
>
> John.

Sorry to intrude on your thread, but I want to explore your comment above for
my cd-rw device assignment. Are you saying that if I add a line like:

alias sg0 scd0

to my modprobe.conf that this will create a /dev/sg0 link that points to
my /dev/scd0 (instead of sg0 poining to some non-existent generic scsi
device)? This won't break anything else?

--
Ron Hunter-Duvar
ronhd at users dot sourceforge dot net

Opinions expressed here are all mine. Rights to use
these opinions are granted under the GNU GPL.