On Sunday 16 May 2004 12:33, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 05:32, g. sanders wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a problem I've been struggling with for a little while, so I'm
> > going to break down and ask here.
> >
> > I purchased a powerbook G4 last xmas, and since then I've only been able
> > to network between the 2 in one "direction".
> >
> > My powerbook has no problem seeing and accessing shares on my mandrake
> > box, my mandrake box however, can not see  any shares at all on the
> > powerbook. The powerbook cannot write to mandrake box either.
> >
> > Anyone who has experience in networking linux with mac osx, help is
> > appreciated!
> >
> > --Gina
>
> Are you running SAMBA on both?

I most definitely have it running on the linux box. Here's where my lack of
knowledge about max osx comes in though: on the powerbook, under system
preferences, I've checked "windows sharing" which says that my powerbook is
now accessible using "SMB/CIFS". So I'm assuming it's running there as well.

--Gina