> > I think that this might have something to do with the firewall on the
> > MDK machine; have you tried disabling it and then being able to share
> > the files?
>
> Wouldn't the firewall only block inbound connection attempts? And even if
> it was blocking outgoing, why is the shared printer showing?
>
> If I know anything about Linux, it's pissy about permissions. Do the perms
> on the shared dirs on the G4 (droooool) include read access for your
> user/others? This could include a chmod +x (do you have chmod on a Mac?) on
> the dirs so they are 'searchable'. Are the usernames in sync (not that this
> is strictly necessary)?

Well, just to be sure, I did try disabling the firewall. Nothing.

I also checked the permissions on the shared directory on my powerbook (yes,
osx has chmod. One of the things I really like about it is that most of the
CL tools are the same)  I added "searchability" to the shared
directories...still nothing.

--Gina