On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 06:20, g. sanders wrote:
> > So it's safe to assume that you've set up the same workgroup name, and
> > that you've got a static IP for both the G4 and the MDK box, ya?
> >
> yes, that would be safe to assume.
>
> workgroup is simply, well, WORKGROUP (original, I know. :-) and they both have
> static ip's within my home lan.
>
> One other thing, that is probably fairly critical, I can  see the printer
> shares on my G4 from the MDK box. just no file shares.
>
> --Gina

I think that this might have something to do with the firewall on the
MDK machine; have you tried disabling it and then being able to share
the files?

stephen kuhn - owner
==============================
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
My My, hey hey Rock and roll is here to stay The king is gone but he's
not forgotten It's better to burn out This is the story of a Johnny
Rotten Than to fade away It's better to burn out than it is to rust My
my, hey hey The king is gone but he's not forgotten It's out of the blue
and into the black Hey hey, my my They give you this, but you pay for
that Rock and roll can never die And once you're gone you can never come
back There's more to the picture When you're out of the blue Than meets
the eye And into the black -- Neil Young "My My, Hey Hey (Out of the
Blue), Rust Never Sleeps"