frankieh wrote:
John wrote:

Hello
Would appreciate any information or links that would help with
installation and setup of a new video card. I am running md10 official
with 2.6.3-7 kernel. I thought the nvidia drivers were included on the
installation cd's but can't locate them.  Thanks in   advance.
John

If its the download edition, then no, the 3d drivers are not included..
go to nvidia.com and download the auto install script and run it.. it will do the rest.
Its pretty simple.

Yes, but read the README file first, particularly the bit on the XF86Config file. And before you do anything, set your computer so that it doesn't start X on boot and back up /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (it does that automatically, but it's easy to lose the original one). You might need to install the kernel headers as well.

Sir Robin

--
"Don't be lucid and ironic; people will turn this against you to show that you aren't a nice person."
- Albert Camus

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Universitesi