On Sun, 16 May 2004 10:43 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 08:05, John Richard Smith wrote:
> > >I am coming in late here but remove supermount might be the answer, so
> > > it has always been in my systems. On some it works on others it
> > > doesn't.
> > >
> > >HTH
> >
> > Easyest wayI found was to # out the entries for supermount floppies and
> > replace them with,
> >
> > /dev/fd0  /mnt/floppy auto
> > user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,noauto 0 0
> >
> > that sets up automount which does work.
>
> Neither of these suggestions work either.  I # out any reference to
> mounting the floppy and attempted to mount manually after a reboot.
> Still no luck, the message is that fd0 is not a valid block device.  If
> I look in the /dev directory, fd0 is there with me as the owner.  What
> on earth is going on????
>
> Rich

Try this, in /etc/fstab :-

/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto unhide,noauto,user 0 0

It will probably deliver error messages other than that the /dev/fd0 is not a
valid block device. Then adjust accordingly.

The only other thing I can think of is try this, in /etc/fstab :-

/dev/floppy/0 /mnt/floppy auto
rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,sync,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,unhide,umask=0,user=rich
0 0

Or whatever your user name is. Or leave out the actual =rich out of the line.

Try both ways.

That is how my system writes it in /etc/mtab so that might be of assistance. I
have got things working by following the lead of /etc/mtab.

Apologies because I am still using 9.2 and not 10 of any version.

Charlie.

--
Registered Linux User:- 329524