On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 08:05, John Richard Smith wrote:

>I am coming in late here but remove supermount might be the answer, so it has
>always been in my systems. On some it works on others it doesn't.
>
>HTH

Easyest wayI found was to # out the entries for supermount floppies and
replace them with,

/dev/fd0  /mnt/floppy auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,noauto 0 0

that sets up automount which does work.

Neither of these suggestions work either.  I # out any reference to mounting the floppy and attempted to mount manually after a reboot.  Still no luck, the message is that fd0 is not a valid block device.  If I look in the /dev directory, fd0 is there with me as the owner.  What on earth is going on????

Rich