From: "Thujan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Asa Rossoff kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika tiistai, 25. toukokuuta 2004
>06:18):
>> I often read this list in Outlook Express, since I still spend more time in
>> Windows (haven't gotten Linux to work well with my video card, so until I
>> upgrade...), and noticed that some messages appear blank, but have an
>> attachment that outlook has named ATT00###.py (where ### is a number).
>>
>> The first time I saw this, I thought it was a worm of some sort
>> distributing Python scripts, but when I looked at that attachment it
>> contained the body of the message.
>>
>> In each case, the headers revealed that the mailer used was Sylpheed.
>> (Example message, today, from Charles A. Edwards re. Intellimouse).
>>
>> I also noticed his message had the following Mime header:
>> ::  micalg="pgp-sha1";
>> ::  boundary="Signature=_Mon__24_May_2004_22_28_18_-
>0400_EG0sF5HbG3/RPIn1"
>>
>> Anyway, I thought this might be of interest, since Outlook is such a
>> popular mailer, and it's probably desirable to have messages readable
>> there.
>>
>> Any ideas what's causing this? (The short answer is probably Microsoft's
>> broken mailer, but...)
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Asa
>
>That is intresting matter why outlook respond gpg-mime signature also with
>other clients than sylpheed, at least mutt with gpg-mime and balsa with
>gpg-mime and evolution with gpg-mime does that.
>Older outlooks also respond with the word begin<space><space>
>I haven't heard why these features are in outlook?
>I don't believe it is cause its broken they have some another purpose for
>that behaving, just don't know what?
>Is it cause outlook can run scripts so well or what?
>
>--
>best rgds
>tt

Hi Thujan,
I am having some difficulty understanding everything you said.

As an experiment, however, I just installed a certificate and will click the "Sign"
button in this message window in Outlook Express before I send this message, and see
what OE does.  (OE has an option to activate S/MIME "opaque signing" that it says is
not supported by all mailers.. I did not enable that option for this test.)

Asa