From: "Lanman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Just thought I'd throw in some suggestions for you both. Mozilla
> Thunderbird is an excellent stand-alone email program which can be used
> in Windows and also in Linux. An additional benefit is that you can
> configure your copies of Thunderbird to use the exact same mailboxes and
> accounts for the Windows and Linux versions. This becomes very handy if
> you are running a dual-boot PC.
>
> Also, Thunderbird can make use of a wide variety of extension modules to
> add extra features to your Windows and Linux versions of Thunderbird.
>
> Have a look at this link for more information.
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/#new

I tried Thunderbird 0.2, 0.3, and 0.4, but there continued to be usability
issues for me.  It's IMAP support appeared buggy and slow and most of my
mail accounts are IMAP, and it would crash whenever my ISP's news server had
reached it's connection limit (common with my ISP).  It never did detect
junk mail for me (perhaps this only affected it's IMAP support?), not that
OE does that either :)...

I'll give the current version a shot anyway.
Thanks for the reminder.

Asa