Hello Asa,

Tuesday, May 25, 2004, 6:55:06 PM, you wrote:

AR> MS may be a bully,

Unfortunately true.

AR> but myself, I wouldn't email people from a mailer that MS's
AR> product couldn't understand, if I intended to communicate with
AR> people who use MS's product.

You could always use plain text. :-)

AR> The reason I use Outlook Express on Windows is that none of the
AR> other mailers available for Windows work well.

After trying several, I settled on TheBat. Works VERY well, and is
very powerful. It is also outstanding for security and privacy. If you
want REALLY bulletproof security, use Secure Bat.

Or, use Linux. :-)))

AR> I'm not overly concerned about the security record of Outlook and
AR> Outlook Express because I take many precautions and I know what's
AR> going on with my system.

I've found that by NOT using ANY M$ software other than the OS, and
staying behind a good firewall, security and privacy issues have faded
almost into obscurity. Works surprisingly well. MUCH less trouble day
to day than continuing with M$ stuff.

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]