On Saturday 05 June 2004 09:18 pm, OOzy wrote:
| Gurus,
|
| I have just installed LM9.2. Everything was flawless except my modem. It
| was detected but not support. My modem is Conexant (HCF). Can Anyone show
| me where can I find the driver and how to install it.
|
| Best Regards.

Conexant has a driver, but it isn't open source--I think they charge about
$20, US.  The moral is, if you must have a WinModem, get one with a Lucent
chipset.  I haven't found one yet that I couldn't get to work with the free
driver, and the whole modem costs less than the Conexant driver.  Or better
yet, get an external serial modem (I know, some computers don't even have
serial ports anymore) and it will work right out of the box.  Beware of USB
modems--some have no Linux drivers, but some do.  Do your research first if
you decide to get one.