I have tried both Kpilot and Jpilot and settled on Jpilot for the reasons that
Marv wrote. It is verry similar to the Palm Sync software for windows.
I actually use Jpilot at home and the Palm software at work and keep my Palm
synced with both locations.

On Thursday 10 June 2004 08:53 pm, Marv Boyes wrote:
> Jpilot is the closest you'll get to Palm Desktop on Linux. I've been
> using it for about a year and a half with my Clie.
>
> Kpilot is handy if all you want to do is install a file (or sync with,
> say, Evolution), but Jpilot brings a lot of extra PIM functionality.
>

> Best of luck,
> Marv
>
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> > Amy wrote:
> >> I'm using KDE, so I guess I'll give KPilot a try in the morning,
> >> unless someone has any better suggestions and/or reasons why I
> >> shouldn't try KPilot.
> >>
> >> Though, what are KDE PIM applications? Like what's PIM stand for, and
> >> what sorts of applications are those?
> >
> > Personal
> > Information
> > Manager
> >
> > Things like phone book, address book, appointments, ect.
> >
> > I have not played with kpilot, but jpilot is like the Windows software
> > for the Palm.  Not as  slick, but functional.  It is an front end for
> > the pilot-link command line utilities.  (I just got my Palm yesterday,
> > so I am still learning.)
> >
> > Mikkel

> > Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
> > Join the Club : http://www.mandrakeclub.com

 ( )_( )
 ( 0 0 )
 --( )--
  --0--

Never argue with an idiot.

They drag you to their level and then beat you with experience.