On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 09:41:20AM -0300, Flávio Henrique wrote:
>    Hi guys.
>
>    I  trying  to  test  Mozilla  Calendar  with  WebDAV but I having some
>    problems...
>
>    I go to my Mandrake Control Center and I hit "Mounted Points" (I don't
>    know  exactly  how to say it in english, because I use another idiom),
>    after I hit "WebDAV's mounted points"
>
>    I  receive  the  message: "The package davfs must be installed. Do you
>    wish to install now?"
>
>    Points', like if I did hit "No".
>
>    I  use  the  add/remove/update  packages  to see something else, but I
>    can't see this package...
>
>    Someone can help me with this ?

You don't need to create a mount point or format a partition for
mod_dav, it will just work with Apache once you have davfs and mod_dav
installed (just use urpmi).

The trick, then, is setting up your Apache directory with the proper
permissions. You need to turn webDAV on for the directory, and specify
an .htaccess file if you want. For example:

<Location /calendars>
        DAV On
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "WebDAV Calendars"
        AuthUserFile /var/www/calusers
        <LimitExcept GET HEAD OPTIONS>
                Require valid-user
        </LimitExcept>
</Location>

And of course restart Apache.

It takes some tinkering to figure out how to publish a calendar using
Mozilla, though.

Note that if you ever plan on using webDAV with Windows and connecting
via Windows Explorer (network connection) that it will not work if you
require authentication. There is something broken in MS's
implementation (surprise); there are a few hacks/workarounds out there,
but I decided not to bother. I've also found that webDAV works a lot
better with Apache 1.3 compared to 2.x.

Here's a pretty good site for walking you through the process:
http://www.serverwatch.com/tutorials/article.php/10825_2176771_2

HTH,
Todd