Johan Sch wrote:
Hi list,

It happened too me twice today .. urpmi taken permanent vacation after update .. it
seems that it just wipes dependencies .. even its own .. after some years of using and
trusting it I was let down.

Well I have seen this some time ago.

Kindly point me to site were I can try to find the mail please.
Maybe if it is short kindly explain please.

I did a repair by popping cd 1 and upgrade same system .. some side effects .. nvidia
must be re-istalled  .. urpmi in MCC additional sites wiped .. maybe something else I
stiil have not discovered.

Thanks

I've had that happen to me. Basically what you have to do is go find the rpm packages to install yourself by spelunking through ftp and stuff, and install everything package by package. Annoying, but I managed to do it with the help of my friend, and I'm fairly new to all this stuff.

From what I was told, urpmi is a fairly simple program, so it just removes what needs to be removed, then installs the new stuff. But when one of the things it removes is one of it's dependencies, it'll remove itself too because it wasn't told ~not~ to.

Good luck on getting that rolling. I haven't had a problem with it again since I had to reinstall it the hard way.