On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 18:09, Marc Hultquist wrote:
> On Thursday, 17 June 2004 16:33, Alastair Fay wrote:
> > If you don't like their product, then don't use it -
> > just because *you* don't think they "put any effort
> > in" - it might not be everyone's opinion. Why post
> > such a pointless new-post, flaming a perfectly good
> > company, with perfectly good products? They may *not*
> > support Linux so much... but so what? How about using
> > an alternative? xpdf perhaps? May I remind you, that
> > they are the creators of Photoshop - which just
> > happened to be what many regard as the best digital
> > imaging/manipulation program ever created....
> >
> > Think before you post, and you will gain more respect
> > in the community - and what gives you the right to
> > have a stab at Adobe?
>
> Ok, from my personal standpoint, I agree with what you have to say about the
> post being pointless, and that it had no real place here on the list. B U T
> on the other hand you just made a pointless flame to tell him he made a
> pointless flame ? In retrospect these both cancel each other out and now we
> can all relax, have a beer and just chill ! ;-)

Fay,
I can go and flame like you; however, this will not help the situation.
What you have said, in my opinion, supports my point. You are saying it
is a good company, the company that created the best
imaging/manipulation program ever, etc.

Bingo, here is the point, an excellent company should make excellent
stuff. You would not expect an excellent program from a junk company. I
hope you got my point. If Adobe was a junk I would have not posted my
the comment at all.