Hi David;

thanks for lending a hand :-)

On Mon, 08 Nov 1999, David M. Kufta scribed:

>  I have been reading the mail on newbie list tonight and see quite a few
> having difficulty with Apache/Midgard. Midgard requires the use of MySQL

I have MySQL installed and its seems to be running fine.

> and also requires the use of a vhost.conf file to be setup.

ok..I just looked in my "vhost0.conf" file and at this point it contains
the usual  VirtualHost block...

what would one add to this file to get it to recognize Midgard/PHP?

>I can assure you it does work very well.

Oh I don't doubt it...I am sure its "me",  the bug with its hands on the
keyboard :-)

>  Midgard is a very nice tool for administering your website as well and
> access to ithe Admin site is restricted and requires a login and password.
>  I access my Admin site with the URL http://44.66.0.50:2000
> Vmware offers free assistance in setting up Midgard but MySQL is
> necessary and configuration of vhost.conf is also a must.

must be the "vhost.conf" file for me....as I seem to have all the other bases
covered.

- thanks for your time -

 --
        best regards