Hi "David M. Kufta" !

On 11/9/99 8:15:25 PM, you wrote:
>I find the below statement rather curious Midgard works just fine I have
>it installed and use it to administer my web pages with no problem, it
>does require one to read the documentation and understand how Midgard
>work's. The INSTALL file for Midgard gives very good instruction on how
>to install it and MySQL, I find to be one of the easier to configure.

My main issue with the whole Mandrake/Midgard/PHP thing is that the
default installation doesn't work, you have to go playing with it to
get it to a reasonable stage, which I thought was a problem that Mdk
wanted to solve.  Heck, if I'd known it wasn't going to work I'd have
just stuck with RH6.0 and RPM'd everything I needed instead.

>Midgard help is avilable from vmware should you have difficulty with the
>installation, and I find it to have many advantages over standard php

That may be true, but when a ditro aimed at beginners has one of its
major advantages shortchanged due to lack of bugtesting, it sucks.
I thought Mdk would be better than that.  Maybe Mdk 6.2 will be?

I'd like it if there was a KDE configurator for Midgard, which could
also make the relevant changes to your httpd.conf too.  *That* would
bring a lot of converts.

Damien Mc Kenna   Keene State College, BSc Computer Science Student
http://www.mckenna.brinet.net/    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    ICQ 17066133