--- Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 23:06, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> > --- Lanman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > essentially forcing Yahoo and Google IMAP clients to move to
> Passport.
> > > Most users won't pay attention to what's being done until some
> hacker
> > > get's into their Passport account and gets all their passwords and
> > > usernames for POP email as well as Hotmail and MSN accounts!
> > >
> > > Too bad I didn't record the conversation from last night, but my
> client
> > >
> > > still has the Sympatico instruction documents at her place. I
> intend to
> > >
> > > scour those documents for anything I can find out!
> > >
> > > If anyone has more details on this, I'd appreciate hearing from
> you!
> > >
> > > Lanman
> > >

> > Thanks to "The Legend" Lanman for bringing this out into the light.
> Good
> > work.
> >
> > I'm amazed that the arrogance of these people just keeps on coming.
>
> <snip>
>
> LX - good on ya. How poignant.
> So how to tell the public?

Print out an iron-on and make a t shirt?

I don't know, get creative.  Come up with something.  How about getting a
mailing list of all Sympatico customers, and then let a Sympatico
customer email the other Sympatico customers with what's going on.
That's one idea.  May work out, may not.

Or some Sympatico customers could get together with a Krispy Kreme
doughnut fund raiser and then use the money to rent either some billboard
space or some space in some newspapers.

Or some Sympatico customers could call their local news station with the
story that their personal email passwords are being taken by others
without their approval or knowledge.  The local news stations might be
interested in a story like that.

Just some examples.

LX