On Friday 09 July 2004 07:12 am, Bryan Phinney wrote:
->On Thursday 08 July 2004 02:45 pm, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
->
->> Anyone have any ideas whats going on here? Thanks!
->
->Hate to suggest something so ungeeky, but have you tried opening up the
->connection in Mandrake Control Center, specifying the right hostname and
 the ->restarting to see the effect?  Possible that Mandrake is setting a
 hostname ->in a specific script that is covered by the GUI that you are not
 finding. ->
->Now, my system didn't work that way, I only had to issue the command
 hostname ->blah from the CLI as root and I never had to reset it again but
 YMMV. ->

<shrugs> If it works, right? I'll try it the next time I get a chance.

Man...I'm just having to work way too hard on this release. :-(

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                 Dark< >Lord