On Friday 09 July 2004 07:12 am, Bryan Phinney wrote:
> On Thursday 08 July 2004 02:45 pm, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> > Anyone have any ideas whats going on here? Thanks!
>
> Hate to suggest something so ungeeky, but have you tried opening up the
> connection in Mandrake Control Center, specifying the right hostname and
> the restarting to see the effect?  Possible that Mandrake is setting a
> hostname in a specific script that is covered by the GUI that you are not
> finding.
>
> Now, my system didn't work that way, I only had to issue the command
> hostname blah from the CLI as root and I never had to reset it again but
> YMMV.

To find it you could grep the /etc/directory recursively for the incorrect
name to find the script that is doing that.  You might try looking at the
dhclient.conf files, if it is transmitting the hostname to the dhcp server or
something.

Also, it could potentially have something to do with zeroconf and zcip.  Do
you have those services on or off?
--
/g