Hi all,

I just made the jump to 10.0 last weekend . All went very smoothly, but
unfornunately I still have no sound. I was hoping that it would get it
working with a fresh full install, but no.. (didn't work in 9.1 either).

In Mandrake Control Center I see that 2 soundcards are detected:

VT82C686 [Apollo Super AC97/Audio]
  Vendor: âVIA Technologies
  Alternative drivers: âvia82cxxx_audio
  Bus: âPCI
  Bus identification: â1106:3058:1106:4511
  Location on the bus: â0:7:5
  Module: âsnd-via82xx
  Media class: âMULTIMEDIA_AUDIO

CT5880
  Vendor: âEnsoniq
  Alternative drivers: âsnd-ens1371
  Bus: âPCI
  Bus identification: â1274:5880:1274:8001
  Location on the bus: â0:b:0
  Module: âes1371
  Media class: âMULTIMEDIA_AUDIO

I'm supposed to have a Sound blaster 4.1 digital (creative) installed. I
hope somebody can give me some clues on how to get things started.

Marco
--
Registered Linux user #268279
*     This message is composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer     *