On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 05:51, Marco Verheul wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just made the jump to 10.0 last weekend . All went very smoothly, but
> unfornunately I still have no sound. I was hoping that it would get it
> working with a fresh full install, but no.. (didn't work in 9.1 either).
>
> In Mandrake Control Center I see that 2 soundcards are detected:
>
> VT82C686 [Apollo Super AC97/Audio]
>   Vendor: âVIA Technologies
>   Alternative drivers: âvia82cxxx_audio
>   Bus: âPCI
>   Bus identification: â1106:3058:1106:4511
>   Location on the bus: â0:7:5
>   Module: âsnd-via82xx
>   Media class: âMULTIMEDIA_AUDIO
>
> CT5880
>   Vendor: âEnsoniq
>   Alternative drivers: âsnd-ens1371
>   Bus: âPCI
>   Bus identification: â1274:5880:1274:8001
>   Location on the bus: â0:b:0
>   Module: âes1371
>   Media class: âMULTIMEDIA_AUDIO
>
> I'm supposed to have a Sound blaster 4.1 digital (creative) installed. I
> hope somebody can give me some clues on how to get things started.
>
> Marco

Is your sound built into the motherboard (as it does kinda show) or is
your Soundblaster a peripheral? (a card stuck in a slot) - if you DO
have a Soundblaster card stuck in a slot, you might want to go into your
BIOS and disable the onboard sound...I've had 50/50 with onboard VIA
sound drivers...

stephen kuhn - proprietor