The Other wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:45:10 +0100, John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

However, before I do that, I could install an earlier version of kppp
and see how that performs(My MD8.1 is running on some very ancient
version)as I don't think any dependencies in say the MD9.1's kppp
version is likely to be a problem, but would it install?

Try the MD9.1 install. I'm using MDK9.1 right now with the KPPP dialer. The LFS 5.1 system is another system/kernel I multiboot with MDK9.1 and Win95B (for some legacy music apps).

In search of the bullet-proof apps.....
Stephen.

One further question.

Should I have the bios MC97 Modem, set for auto of disabled with a hardware controlled modem.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]