On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 18:19, Margot wrote:

> You've told us what problems you get if you choose US or US
> International, but what happens if you choose the UK option?

Same diff - same thing. US International and UK do the exact same thing.

> I have UK keyboard selected, and it works fine - but I'm in the UK,
> so that's to be expected! Does UK keyboard not mix well with non-UK
> locale settings?

Well, I'm in Oz - so a UK or US International keyboard or US keyboard
SHOULD work properly...even if I'm in the southern hemisphere (g)

> By the way, I don't have a right Alt key on this keyboard - it's
> marked "Alt Gr" and doesn't do the same things as "Alt" - I'm not
> sure exactly what it is for, I haven't found a use for it yet!

I'm just perplexed as to why it worked so well for the past few years
under 9.1 but doesn't want to work under 10.0; and why there isn't a
facility to change the actual keyboard hardware type...keyboard layout
is one thing, but keyboard hardware is another...strange that...must be
something that was slightly overlooked, eh?

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture
http://kma.0catch.com  :: mobile 0410.728.389
Serving Sydney, The Illawarra, South Coast and Rural NSW
  Mandrake GNU/Linux 10.0 OE/Kernel 2.6.3-7/ No Viruses here.

Look, we play the Star Spangled Banner before every game. You want us to
pay income taxes, too? -- Bill Veeck, Chicago White Sox