On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:29:39 +1000
Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 06:28, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > Hey y'all.
> > I'm getting dead tired of "relearning" how to type here; MDK 10.0
> > surely isn't treating my keyboard nicely; I can either choose UK, US
> > or US International - if I choose US, then my right "alt" key no
> > longer works, and if I choose US International, I have to hit the '
> > and then tap the space bar - which is getting horribly annoying.
> > I've almost gotten to the point where I don't want to chat in IRC or
> > even do email as it's so annoying.
> >
> > No where I've looked can I change this behaviour - no where I've
> > looked can I specify what KIND of keyboard I have - HELP!
>
> I'm not getting any response here folks...wassup?

when 10CE came out, I could not even get the install started - until I
swapped out my M$ Intel(stupid)keyboard with a plain jane and I was on
my way.

that keyboard worked for me since 8.x too.  Never bothered looking
for a fix - just one less POS hardware towards a completely free M$
system.

Might just try swapping keyboards and see what happens if ya haven't
already.

Only thing left is the M$ mouse...hope a "security hole" doesn't happen
with that!  like yeah right (ya never know)

---
Linux user #280097
Machines #162480 #191825

http://counter.li.org